Our Food Service Management degree program is dedicated to studying the operational issues that lead to profitability. Students examine the food service industry from the perspective of management, and expanding leadership knowledge and skills to further their careers in the hospitality industry.
Operational decisions have financial consequences, and financial decisions have operational consequences. The ability to quantify, interpret, and analyze financial reports are necessary tools for a successful food service manager.
- Accounting & Financial Management
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Revenue Management & Cost Controls
- Facility Management & Design
Understanding the difference between management and leadership is vital to career-minded professionals. Students are introduced to the leadership skills associated with creating, communicating, and implementing an operational vision.
- Ethics in Business
- Motivating Diverse Workforces
- Strategic Planning & Implementation
- Exposure to Industry Leaders
Successful food service operations are the result of many independent systems working seamlessly together. Special attention is paid to the development and management of service systems.
- Beverage Program Design
- Traditional & Social Media Marketing
- Creating Outstanding Customer Service Systems
- Project Management & Restaurant Simulation